“The gospel turns people into pilgrims. It comes with a culture-correcting force that creates aliens and exiles of the world.
- Pilgrims are not diverted from their aim.
- Pilgrims are to hold the things of this world loosely.
- Pilgrims become like what they hope to attain.
- Pilgrims will not be satisfied with anything less than God.
- Pilgrims are not grieved by their arrival at the journey’s end.
- Pilgrims ponder what they pursue.
- Pilgrims travel together.”
-from this excellent post on Jonathan Edwards and pilgrimage